cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC users LDAP or AXL or standalone?

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There seems to be too many ways to integrate Unity Connection and I cant seem to find which way is better or not better.

For example:

If I have CUCM, that is LDAP enabled, and CUC that is AXL with CUCM, I can then "Import" users from CUCM, *** but only if they have a device and Primary Line, etc*** (kind of a silly rule). PINS and Passwords do not sync or are not in sync with each other. If I reset a PI in CUCM, it does not update the PIN on CUC. (silly also) With AXL and CUCM 7.x I see there is a drop down to create a new voicemail box from the actual line or device, but that did not work for me either. Assuming it's using AXL to do this, but failed for me in 7.02.

CUC standalone... well it's standalone. Create users, delete users, etc.

CUC LDAP - Honestly, have not tried yet. But may be the better way? (no axl to CUCM)

So in a perfect world.. id say:

LDAP CUCM, AXL to CUC, PINs/Passwords are syncd and you *can* actually create VM accounts from CUCM interface.

I just loaded up 7.1.3 and CUCM 7.1.2. I have tried yet to see if it works.

Any others with issues or preferences to setup the users?

Voicemail only boxes kill me with LDAP because I have to have the AD create AD accounts for these users (or general mailboxes). Its almost like pulling teeth some days and long ramblings on why we have to do it this way. ha.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Hoan Mai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With CUC LDAP integrated, only password credential get updated from AD. PIN is locally set.

Sorry, you are correct, I worded that wrong. But even if the CUC is "AXL" to CUCM that is LDAP enabled, the PINs are still not the same.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: