cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity QSIG with ISR

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I want to setup this design as seen in figure 1.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/integration/misc/guide/cuc7xintqsig.html

Which I see no issues with. What I want to do is also use the ISR as h323 to my CUCM. So basically I can make calls to/from CUCM and the PBX. Can this all be done with dial peers?

Im assuming the dial peers can handle this kind of separation of traffic to and from each end point on the ISR router.

If I had another router, I would use it has H323 to/from CUCM and QSIQ to the PBX, but right now Im trying to see if I can make this one router do everything i need it to do.

Thanks much!

2 Replies 2

You may want to go to cisco.com/interoperability

There are a ton of QSIG implementations that there are configs for you can use for reference.

The answer to your question is yes, there shouldn't be problems with what you're trying to do. The only conflicts that arise are using the same T1 for H323/SIP and MGCP and the same time.

-nick

Hi Nick, thanks for the response.

I think to keep everything easy, im going to keep everything SIP/h323 and no MGCP.

The Mitel SX-2000 is pretty well documented on the CUC site. So Im sure it's the same for a simply Mitel-CUCM call.

Im simply trying to utilize one router to do Connection ----SIP----QSIQ---Mitel PBX *and* also CUCM---H323----QSIQ---Mitel.

As long as this will all mesh with the dial peers, it *should* work.

Or do you think its worth the $2900 to buy a PIMG and separate the traffic out. It would for about 3 months, then the PIMG goes away and everyone is on the CUCM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: