cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Long Live CSA?

matt_nels
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any truth to the abandonment of CSA by Cisco? With the last version of CSA being 6.0.2. Folks out there seem to think that may be the case..... http://networklore.com/rest-in-peace-cisco-security-agent/

3 Replies 3

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

I don't know but the only thing I've seen saying that is this blog.

I posted the link last week and got nothing from Cisco (and I wouldn't expect to).

I guess it ain't over till it's over but it would not surprise me if it were.

I don't know what the installed base is, but it may not be worth the effort to keep the product compatible with the new versions of Windows, especially 64 bit.

Say it ain't so Cisco!

Tom

A blog post like this alone wouldn't concern me. But when you start looking at the length of time it took to get Solaris support, the time it is taking to get 64-bit support, and Win 2008....it makes the rumors all the more believable.

jkeddington_2
Level 1
Level 1

From what I have been hearing - CSA is now in maintenance mode and there will not be any new features being added to it. Cisco will continue to support it, but its just a matter of time before it truly goes away...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: