Views
Helpful
Replies

Email issue using VPN RA

marijanac
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I need to implement Cisco ASA 5505 that will have, between others, also role of vpn server for vpn clients. Employees in company have pop3 acounts configured for email server that is hosted at provider site. My question is following. After establishing vpn remote access,using cisco vpn client from any location, will they be capable to receive and send emails(when launch outlook) as they do it at the office. I know that is possible when we have email server at company's lan but i am not sure whether it works when traffic have to go back through the same interface to the provider or not. If I dont use split tunnel,all traffic should go through the tunnel . So, can I read and send email from any location when I connect via vpn client on the same way as I handle emails from the office ? Is this configuration possible and what I have to do.

Otherwise, is it feasible to access internet using company's connection when we connect via vpn client through the tunnel? Not,using split tunnel. I tried it earlier putting users in pool that is then nat'ed but without success.

greatly appreciate any kind of help…

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Dejan, I see no reason why pop3 should not work for your RA clients when conneted to your corporate network, when you create the tunnel in ASA as a full tunnel for your remote access users simple allow the RA network outbound internet access through acl ip pertmit any and PAT that pool for internet access.

here is a good reference for full tunnel RA / internet access through same asa in/out outside interface

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00805734ae.shtml

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Dejan, I see no reason why pop3 should not work for your RA clients when conneted to your corporate network, when you create the tunnel in ASA as a full tunnel for your remote access users simple allow the RA network outbound internet access through acl ip pertmit any and PAT that pool for internet access.

here is a good reference for full tunnel RA / internet access through same asa in/out outside interface

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00805734ae.shtml

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: