cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VSS not working in CiscoWorks LMS

Ahmed Shahzad
Level 1
Level 1

I am facing some issues in CiscoWorks LMS related to Cisco VSS. Some of the jobs like RME inventory collections gets failed with VSS only. Is there any support issue.

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of RME? VSS support was added into LMS 3.0.1, but fully fleshed out in LMS 3.1. What is the error you're seeing in your inventory collection jobs?

RME version is 4.3.0 and LMS version is 3.2. The worst part is I could not find any error, just find that inventory job failed for one device which is VSS.

Thanks and Regards,

Then schedule a new inventory collection job for this switch under RME > Devices > Inventory > Inventory Jobs. That job should fail, and it should provide you with an error.

No Error detail shown on that page.

What is the status of the inventory collection job you created?

Initially it gets failed, but after looking at the IC_Server.log, I have found that SNMP timeout, so I have increase the SNMP timeout to 10 and now it is successful.

But still Config Archive is partially successful for some devices, and the error is SSH failed to establish SSH session, VLAN config fetch is not support using TFTP. Do we need SSH for the config archieve?

Start a new thread for the config archive issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: