Views
Helpful
Replies

Devices not managed from Campus Manager

cmartinvalle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have LMS 3.2 in a Windows Server. We have configured automatic discovery and 2800 devices have been discovered, all of them are being managed from RME but only 900 are managed from Campus Manager.

We have no filters configured in CM, how can we get managed the 2800 devices in this module?

I attach IC_Server.log and EssentialsDM*.log.

Regards.

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Run a new Campus Manager Data Collection, and post the ani.log.

Please find attached requested log files.

In this moment an automatic discovery is running and, as our environment is about 4500 devices, it will take a long time to finish, so, the files attached contain log messages from other forced data collection that we have launched during the day.

Regards.

I don't see any serious errors here that would point to an incomplete Data Collection. Typically, when devices are missing from Campus Manager, there is either bad data in the ANI database, or devices have duplicate sysNames. The former can be fixed by reinitializing the ANI database. The latter requires you to make sure each device in your network has a unique sysName. Campus is good about reporting sysName conflicts, but more debugging will need to be enabled.

If you want to try a reinit, you can run the command:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI

If that doesn't work, or if you want to troubleshoot this further, open a TAC service request with the show run and show ver of one missing device, and the engineer will walk you through enabling the required debugging.

Finally the problem is dued to our customer has a lot of switches with the same hostname in the network.

TAC has told me that Campus Manager looks at the device hostname and if there are duplicate values, it takes only one, so we have to change hostnames or change domain-names.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco