Real World Troubleshooting, CCNA Level Book

Unanswered Question
Oct 15th, 2009

I am searching for a text/book/videos/cbt that covers a lot of real world troubleshooting scenarios and real world facts. Not so much a CCNA study guide as much as a CCNA level real world troubleshooting and real world example guide.

Does such a thing exist?

I have this problem too.
1 vote
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
SystemFailure0x5a Thu, 10/15/2009 - 06:19

For example: The author could go on to talk about an issue that they experienced in a datacenter, then they list several pieces of equipment such as a 3750 switch stack with poe, two 6500 core switches, and a mixed environment of frame relay and ethernet hand off at the remote sites and discusses his troubleshooting steps, how he discovered the problem, and how he resolved it.

Treedroppings Fri, 10/16/2009 - 10:17

for now there is a discussion forum about 'cisco: routers forum' located under the Communication rack forum at they have a few pages of threads for your browsing pleasure :)

vikas.networkbulls00 Thu, 12/17/2015 - 00:00

I think Network Worrier is Similar to what you are asking for...

Network Warrior takes you step by step through the world of routers, switches, firewalls, and other technologies based on the author's extensive field experience. You'll find new content for MPLS, IPv6, VoIP, and wireless in this completely revised second edition, along with examples of Cisco Nexus 5000 and 7000 switches throughout.

Topics include:

• An in-depth view of routers and routing
  • Switching, using Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches as examples
  • SOHO VoIP and SOHO wireless access point design and configuration
  • Introduction to IPv6 with configuration examples
  • Telecom technologies in the data-networking world, including T1, DS3, frame relay, and MPLS
  • Security, firewall theory, and configuration, as well as ACL and authentication
  • Quality of Service (QoS), with an emphasis on low-latency queuing (LLQ)
  • IP address allocation, Network Time Protocol (NTP), and device failures

This Discussion