cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

redial softkey not working

robhawker
Level 1
Level 1

The phones display the redial soft-key but it doesn't redial when you hit it. I have read something in regards to ephone-templates, but i am not sure if this is the issue as the phone shows the button. Do the templates add functionality if the soft-key is already there or does it just allow you to display the soft-key? It does not work on any phones in the system

info:

phones: 7912, 7940, 7912

system:

Cisco Unity Express Version 3.1

About Cisco Unified CallManager Express

Operating System: Cisco Internetwork Operating System. Cisco IOS (tm) C2800NM

Cisco IOS Software: C2800NM-IPVOICEK9-M

Software Version: 12.4(15)T3 / CME 4.1(0)

Feature Package: IP|VOICE|SSH|3DE

6 Replies 6

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

This can be related to the interdigit timeput. Try to reduce the "timeouts interdigit" under telephony service to 3 seconds, by default it's

10 seconds.

HTH!

Regards,

Teresa.

If it helps, please rate.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

I checked that. It was set to 4. But they were also complaining that the dial time out was to short so i set it to 6.

When the redial key is pushed it comes up with a blank window so you can dial a number. It is not bringing up the last call made.

Is there a chance you can reload the router? Seems an issue with the telephony-service itself. A similar case was solved with a reboot.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

I reloaded it. I am getting an error that says "softkey not active"

little more info:

the redial works on internal extensions but not when you try and redial and outside number

Here is some info on the phones if it helps

app load: CP7912080001SCCP051117A software: 8.0.1(051117A)

app load: P00308000400

Software: 8.0(4.0)

app load: P00308000400

software: 8.0(4.0)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: