cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7937 audio-input interface?

UCcomp2007
Level 2
Level 2

Does the 7937 have an audio-input interface that we can connect to amplifier/speaker system?

We have very large conference rooms where conf calls from one site to the other take place. But due to size of conf rooms, not all participants can hear (even with three 7937's and mic-extenders all joined into meet-me conf). So were hoping we can hook into overhead speakers so everyone can here call.

Regards,

3 Replies 3

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

According to Pg 40. "Audio Auxiliary Port":

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7937g/6_0/english/administration/guide/37adm60.pdf

"The side of the conference station includes this port:

•Audio auxiliary port-Labeled with stenciled audio input/output symbol

The audio auxiliary port is on the right side of the conference station under a flap you flip open. Use the audio serial port to facilitate

full-duplex connections to an optional mobile conference station device. You must use a straight-through cable on this port. Figure 3-4 shows

how to connect the optional device to the conference station."

HTH!

Regards,

Teresa.

If it helps, please rate.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Hi,

I have a 7937 here in front of me and the Audio Auxiliary Port is a small socket which doesn't take a 3.5mm jack plug as you'd expect, it's probably closer to 3mm. Is there some special lead or adapter available to make this socket work with a normal audio connection?

Thanks,

Andrew.

You can use the  Polycom wireless lapel mic (Part #2200-00699-001)

does work with the 7937. It doesn't directly connect, but after an RCA to 3/32" jack adapter you're in business.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: