Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 7 - SRST - Globalized Call routing

PAUL CHEN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows what the SRST call routing requirements are if globalized call routing is in use ?

For example, if area code 408-xxx-xxxx calls boston 617-xxx-xxxx , calling display is usually 408-xxx-xxxx on the boston phone and missed calls is +1408-xxx-xxxx so that the user can call back from the missed call directory.

Or if it is within the enterprise you will see the 4 digit DN and the missed e164 number.

Are these the same requirements if the phone goes into the SRST mode ?

There is very little SRND information on the subject of the interaction of globalized call routing with SRST.

Any information appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul

6 Replies 6

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

are saying when the phone is in SRST mode, what the display will say or what the caller id is when sending?

Service Parameters will enable the directory to add "9" or whatever number you want to the missed, received, etc calls.

When a phone is in SRST, the router handles this is information, which I cant recall, but I think in SRST mode, it cant prepend any missed calls when SRST mode. (have not tried though)

Do you know if Directory numbers using \+ will work when in SRST mode? I can not find any info about this. I am planning on configuring this to test it out, but if someone knows I would appreciate the heads up.

Example:

Norm Dir# \+496711234567

Phone enters SRST... does it register as \+496711234567 ?

Does SRST support this?

In SRST mode, when an end user pushes the Directory button for say the corporate directory, it will NOT be available.

I know IOS does support + signs. SO if the missed called or received call has a + sign you should adjust your dial peers accordingly.

I would say in SRST mode, the use of the Directory is not functional. SRST mode is made for basic incoming/outgoing calls.

I had used voice translations for OCS SIP and had to strip out the + symbol at one time. Just make sure you are using the latest IOS otherwise it will not work.

But if I am using the \+ in my extension, how do I get it to register with \+ in SRST Mode? I need to use the globalised method directly on the extension.

Bear with me here. Im trying to understand clearly what you mean.

So the DN on the IP phone is +4000 not 4000.

And when the phone falls into SRST mode at the router, it does *not* register does it register?

Are you worried about the callers caller ID populating correctly?

I found out what my registration problem is. Apparently Cisco released CUCM 7.13 with a lot of new firmware that SRST does not like. When I downgraded the FW to the ones listed here(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cusrst/requirements/guide/srs71spc.html) the SRST worked and the /+ was accepted with the extension during SRST registration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: