cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls dropping H323

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I`v set up a connection between a CUCM6 and a GWA using H323 connection - IP only no physical cable. This GW in turn connects to two other GW`s and finally to a CUCM using MGCP. When I call from CUCM 6 to the other CUCM the call is set up and connected but drops after 60 secs or so. The debug shows resource unavailable using G711 on both devices. If I repeat the test but now connect to GWA from CUCM6 using a physical H323 connection then everything is fine and the call stays up - any ideas , what debugs to run etc

thanks

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Mmm can you let us know mor einformation about those 2 other GWs, are they VGW? or regular routers?

which exact cucm version and ios.

Run for the h.323

debug h225 asn1

debug h245 asn1

debug voice ccapi ino

fro mgcp

debug mgcp packet

for both detail cucm traces sdi and sdl traces

Make sure G711 is used all the way (or xcoder in place)

any firewall?

The GW`s are Voice GW`s using 12.4 IOS

Two different call flow

Call Flow1

CUCM Cluster 1 views GW1 as a H323 GW without any physical connection. VOIP Dial-Peers between GW1 and GW2 and a physical connection betwene GW2 and CUCM, Cluster2

Call FLow 2 same as above but Cluster 1 CUCM now conectes to the same GW1 as before but using RJ 45 MGCP, H323

All GW use the same IOS, if I change the configuraion so that the CUCM CLuster 1 now uses MGCP to GW1 the calls stay up ok

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: