cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.1x, web access stops daily?

dmotloch
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone else having this problem? I'm going to open a TAC case, but each day our PUB seems to decide to stop taking web requests (admin, pca, etc.) Just wondering if others are having this prob?

Rebooting the pub is the only way to recover as I don't know of anything I can kick-start via cli.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

I recommend you install RTMT from the UC server - under System Settings Plugins onto your PC workstation. You can use this tool to inspect your syslog files, application and system event log information. To set this up you will need to assign one of your UC user accounts the Remote Administrator role; System Settings - Advanced - Change Database Proxy to a value other than 0; and then finally Activate the Database Proxy service on the server from Serviceability. Another thing to check in your UC server's Serviceability web page when the problem occurs to see if any services have stopped (Connection Administration under Base Services for example) and provide that information, if applicable, to Cisco TAC. Hope this helps! Ginger

Hi -

Here is some additional information for you regarding the Cisco Tomcat service:

Verifying That the Tomcat Service Is Running

Do the following tasks to confirm that the Tomcat service is running and if necessary, to restart the Tomcat service:

1. Confirm that the Tomcat service is running by using either Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT) or the Command Line Interface (CLI). Do the applicable procedure:

•To Confirm That the Tomcat Service Is Running by Using Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT)

•To Confirm That the Tomcat Service Is Running by Using the Command Line Interface (CLI)

2. If necessary, restart the Tomcat service by using the Command Line Interface (CLI). See the "To Restart the Tomcat Service by Using the Command Line Interface (CLI)" procedure.

To Confirm That the Tomcat Service Is Running by Using Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT)

Step 1 Launch Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT).

Note For details on using RTMT, see the applicable Cisco Unified Real Time Monitoring Tool Administration Guide at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html.

Step 2 On the System menu, click Server > Critical Services.

Step 3 On the System tab, locate Cisco Tomcat and view its status. The status is indicated by an icon.

To Confirm That the Tomcat Service Is Running by Using the Command Line Interface (CLI)

Step 1 Use the Command Line Interface (CLI) command utils service list to list all of the services.

Note For details on using CLI commands, see the applicable Command Line Interface Reference Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Solutions at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html.

Step 2 Scan the CLI output for the Cisco Tomcat service and confirm that its status is Started.

To Restart the Tomcat Service by Using the Command Line Interface (CLI)

Step 1 To restart the Cisco Tomcat service, use the CLI command utils service restart Cisco Tomcat.

Note For details on using CLI commands, see the applicable Command Line Interface Reference Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Solutions at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/prod_maintenance_guides

I'll check the Tomcat service next time it happens.... I'm pretty sure it's stopping/crashing.

I've got a case open with TAC on this now. We've got traces setup to capture the problem on Monday as well.

Restarting the tomcat service from the CLI will be a much quicker recovery (thanks for this!)

Now we just need to figure out why this keeps happening every few hours.

I'll update this post when I know more.

Thanks again.

Hi

Have you sorted out the problem? We have the same issue here.

That was a long time ago, however, I believe it was a bug and we upgraded to correct it.