I want to take my CCNA, need help

Unanswered Question
Oct 15th, 2009
User Badges:

Hi everyone. I am sorry if this has been asked before. I looked around and really couldnt find answers. I have been looking for the past few months at looking to get my CCNA. I have noticed there are some new CCNA courses? CCNA Discovery, and CCNA Exploration. I am not sure which one to take.

I have been in IT for about 3 years. I'd say i have intermediate experience. I am looking to get my CCNA and then MCSE to further my career.

I guess my questions are, I dont know which CCNA to take. Discovery or Exploration.

Thank you for your help and time.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
virverma Thu, 10/15/2009 - 10:32
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi,

The Cisco CCNA Discovery curriculum provides general networking theory, practical experience, and opportunities for career exploration and soft-skills development. The curriculum teaches networking based on application, covering networking concepts within the context of network environments students may encounter in their daily lives - from small office and home office (SOHO) networking to more complex enterprise and theoretical networking models later in the curriculum.

The Cisco CCNA Exploration curriculum provides an integrated and comprehensive coverage of networking topics, from fundamentals to advanced applications and services, while providing opportunities for hands-on practical experience and soft-skills development. The curriculum teaches networking based on technology, covering networking concepts using a top-down, theoretical, and integrated approach - from network applications to the network protocols and services provided to those applications by the lower layers of the network.

But i think CCNA exploration is better to go for as it will help your current job

TwiztedTD Thu, 10/15/2009 - 10:59
User Badges:

Thank you for your response. I am having a hard time finding a institution that offers CCNA exploration in the Toronto / Canada area.

I am even looking for online learning and cannot really find anything.

Actions

This Discussion