Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 / WRV200 VPN connection problem

zp3.cislin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem connecting RV042 and WRV200 with a VPN connection. I followed the instructions in WRV200 manual but the thing is not working. The problem is that RV042 and WRV200 connect but after 20 or 30 minutes WRV200 looses connection and restarts (then takes another 1-3 minutes to connect again). So I was able to establish a VPN connection but the connection is not stable. I upgraded WRV200 to the latest firmware (1.0.39) but this didn't solve the issue. I know that internet line is not an issue (I'm using 10M/10M internet) because if I ping the WAN of any of the two devices in 24hrs I get 2 or 3 lost packets.

I've searched the Cisco website for solution but didn't find any. Does anybody have a solution to this?

Thanks.

Zoran

8 Replies 8

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Zoran, after you did the firmware upgrade did you save your configuration, and do a factory reset of the router and reload the configuration.  This is always best practice when upgrading the firmware on a router.  What kind of internet connection do you have on the wrv210 side?

Hi David,

There is 10M/10M internet (FTTH) on both sides. And both sides use static IPs. I'm not sure if I reset the WRV200 to factory defaults after upgrade since upgrade was done quite some months ago (the router was reset many times in this time).

Greetings,

Zoran

Yeah it should be fine.  Do you have dsl, cable or t1 on the wrv200 side?

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Good Afternoon,

What firmware are you running on the RV042 side of the tunnel?

Hi,

I'm using firmware version 1.3.12.19-tm on RV042 side.

Z

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Did you do a factory reset on that side?

Hi,

No I haven't reset RV042. I'll try it later next week since now I don't have remote access to it.

I'll try resetting both sides later next week and I'll let you know about the results.

Thank you for your help till now. I hope this would work.

Greetings,

Z

Hi,

Thank you for your help. The reset to factory defaults after upgrade solved the issue.

Greetings,

Zoran

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: