Views
Helpful
Replies

Tag Laptop MAc to the PC port of IP phone

sshams007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

customer wants to tag the LAptop MAC to the IP phone's pC port. He wants to do this to ensure there will be no one else who can get connected to that IP phones' PC port except him. I understand we can tag Mac addresses of the Laptop to the Switch Port but can we do the same for the PC port on an IP phone. Is there a solution for this requirement.

Thanks,

sandeep

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you "tag", as you say, on the switch port, you achieve what you customer wants. Only the designed MAC address connected to the phone will work.

Well let me explain you again on what my requirement is.. When my laptop is connected to the PC port of my IP phone it should work and when someother person in my absense tries to get connected to the PC port of my Ip phone then it should block his MAC address.. How do i say the PC port of my IP phone to only allow my Laptop and bloak every other laptop?

As mentioned above, put any mac filtering on the switch port. Packets have to go there anyway.

Hi Sure let me try this out.

Do you have any Switch port configuration to enable MAC filtering

Which switch do you have ?

Hi i have 6500 Switch

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: