Helpful
Replies

re-run msg store wizard

rvincent
Level 1
Level 1

we have unity 5.0 prim & sec.

we need to rerun the msg store wizard.

i know its run from the add/remove programs, my question is does it need to be run on both primary and secondary unity?

thanks

Rob

7 Replies 7

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, you would need to stop Unity on both servers, run the MSCW on both servers and restart Unity. See the following link regarding changing the partner Exchange server which uses this process.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/upgrade/guide/ex/5xcuruge050.html

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Brandon

thanks for the doc. looking to keep unity svc up as long as possible -

since i'm not changing partner svr, do i need to stop both unity's or can i just run it? I beleive the unity services will restart - if so, would that cause failover?

rob

Rob,

What is the purpose for rerunning MSCW? I believe it does restart Unity services. Yes, this would cause failover.

Brandon

brandon

some users have been moved into diff exch svr and mwi are not functioning correctly. told i need to do a "hard resync" which is done by rerunning wizard

rob

OK. In this case, you should be OK doing them one at a time.

Brandon

Hi -

Just my opinion here, but I don't think in the case you just mentioned you should have to rerun the MSCW - which is used to select the partner Exchange server for your Unity server and hosts the Unity_servername mailbox used for incoming external voice messages. Plus a synch of MWI can be performed from UTIM CUCM integration or just by restarting the AvMsgStoreMonitorSvr service (might have mis-spelled). With MWI not functioning when users were moved to different Exchange server, makes me think Unity permissions wizard should be run. Have you tried running the PW for the new Exchange server's information stores? It would not hurt to do this regardless of rerunning MSCW.

Regards, Ginger

Ginger:

some info i rec'd from tac regarding subscriber move to diff exch svr was to do a "hard" resync (rerun msgstore wiz) if exch is 2007. if exch is 2003, then a "soft" resync (via cmd prompt) could be done.

the sync via utim intergration is done on sch every night and did not fix problem.

Agree w/ running perm wiz but our unity accts can not run it, only the AD admin has capability & we are waiting for him to schedule

thanks

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: