Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7.x and GSM/COBRAS for Subscriber Migration

tmaurello_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have read several posts and all have confirmed that a combination of GSM and COBRAS is the perferred method for moving a subscriber betweeen two digitally-networked Unity 7.x servers (Unified with Exchange 2K3).

Concerning subscriber data, what does not come over with the migration. Specifically, does the phone password/voicemail PIN get restored? I've read the docs and I cannot find any reference to this piece of subscriber info.

Is there anything else (that a migrated subscriber would notice) that changes?

Thanks,

- Tony

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Moving Unity 7 to Unity 7 will preserve the PIN (phone password) just fine.

The only PIN issues you have to worry about with COBRAS are when moving from Unity 7 or Connection 1.x (Windows based) to versions of Connection prior to 7.1(3). Other than that PINs are always preserved.

There's a rather extensive section in the COBRAS help about what data is included and what is not off the COBRAS home page:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/General/COBRAS/COBRAS.html

hopefully that will answer your questions - if not please let me know what's not clear so I can update the doc.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Moving Unity 7 to Unity 7 will preserve the PIN (phone password) just fine.

The only PIN issues you have to worry about with COBRAS are when moving from Unity 7 or Connection 1.x (Windows based) to versions of Connection prior to 7.1(3). Other than that PINs are always preserved.

There's a rather extensive section in the COBRAS help about what data is included and what is not off the COBRAS home page:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/General/COBRAS/COBRAS.html

hopefully that will answer your questions - if not please let me know what's not clear so I can update the doc.

Thanks Jeff (as usual).

On the second half of my question...is there any other indication to the end-user that they have been moved? We are not using VMO plugin in Outlook and we would change their pilot to the new Unity server so they would not be doing any cross-server functions.

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: