cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler for Cisco Unity Express

carbonscoring
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, I have inherited CME router and unity express. Most of my experience has been with the standard cisco unity connection. A remote site that is running CME wants to know if they can set up a menu ( call handler ) for incomming calls. I know how to do this with cisco unity connection but, not cisco unity express.

Does any one have any pointers on how I can get started?

Spec's if needed:

Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-IPVOICEK9-M), Version 12.4(25)

Cisco 2811 (revision 53.50) with 249856K/12288K bytes of memory.

Processor board ID XXXXXXXXX

2 FastEthernet interfaces

15 Serial interfaces

1 terminal line

1 Channelized T1/PRI port

2 Voice FXO interfaces

1 cisco service engine(s)

DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity enabled.

239K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.

126976K bytes of ATA CompactFlash (Read/Write)

thanks in advance,

mike

3 Replies 3

virverma
Level 4
Level 4

there are no call handlers in unity express but you can setup Auto Attendant

Auto Attendant administration guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_1/administrator/AA_and_VM/vmCLIadmin_7_1_book.html

CUE Administration Guide

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel2_3/guiadmin/cue_gui.html

david.vanherck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mike,

First you need to setup your CME with CUE. Once you can access CUE via GUI, you're ready to make some scripts and import that script into CUE.

To create a script, you should download the CUE editor (I used Cisco Unified Communications Express Editor 3.2.1 a while ago). It's a small utility that allows you to create basic call flows. In attach you'll find a script I've made, so if you import this, you'll see the structure. It first checks the date: in holiday, play closed message. If open, it continues the flow. Depending on the caller input, the call is diverted to a destination. So the script is using prompts, so BEFORE importing the script, be sure that the prompts are on the CUE. You can record the messages yourself by use of GMS, which is explained clearly in the manual "Configuring and Using the Greeting Management System and Emergency Alternate Greeting for Unity Express.pdf".

More info about script can be found in "Cisco Unity Express 3.2 Guide to Writing and Editing Scripts.pdf".

Success!

Hmm, can't add attachments after posting message :-)

I've added a CME config (striped out some info, but the point is to have a SIP dial-peer for the Auto Attendant), so for example if 230 is the pilot of the AA, then make a SIP dial-peer for destination 230.

And also I added a script that you can import. Remember that the prompts aren't included ;-)

Greetz,

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: