Views
Helpful
Replies

RME Archive management - Urgent

ilnaiduccna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I dont now, Why my archive management not contains more than last 8 configurations. Previously it was contains last 77 config's.

Is there any way that the old configurations saved or placed somewhere.

It is my urgent task to complete as we have to show some IT audit.

I heard that if any changes made on the device then only new version be found is that the cause to show less versions?

Experts can someone help me please...

Regards,

Naidu.

4 Replies 4

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

yes the old configs are stored in the filesystem but should only be accessed through the GUI. With the way how they are stored it is not easy to map them to a device.

RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt

The location where thye are stored under the device ID for each device is:

/var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma/devfiles (solaris)

NMSROOT\files\rme\dcma\devfiles (windows)

where NMSROOT is the installation directory of LMS (default: C:\Program Files\CSCOpx)

The last collected running config is stored in the shadow directory which can be found in

var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma/shadow (solaris)

NMSROOT\files\rme\dcma\shadow (windows)

To keep control over the disk space there is a configurable purge job that deletes old configs based on the policies and schedule you define in

RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt > Purge Settings

Hi,

I checked in RME>Config mgmt>Archive Mgmt>Version Tree>Config Verison Tree Here I am able to see only last 8 versions even there were changes for every 2 days. So there should be morethan 8 versions as there were changes for every 2 days.

Could you please look it and give me right way to find out.

My manager asking me that where we can get the oldest device configuration in Ciscoworks (the device configured in ciscoworks last 8 months back) so he want see the last 5th month backup configuration.

Please guide me how to findout.

Regards,

Naidu.

you mentioned the correct place to loock at the oldest available config for a device in RME, but as I said, it depends on the settings on this page how long the configs will be available in RME:

RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt > Purge Settings

if you are on this site, click on help to get detailed information how it can be configured

Hi,

Yes I went to RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt > Purge Settings and the Archive Purgue Setup is disabled.

Regards,

Naidu.