Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Telnet - 6506

Amin Shaikh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

6506 is in hybrid mode, cannot telnet to it anymore. Could be telnet sessions are full and didnt clear.

how can I clear the telnet session.

I am able to login to switch module on the 6506

Without restarting the box or disturbing any services can we clear the session

5 Replies 5

simontibbitts
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

Login to the switch module and then to get to the console of the MSFCs do 'session 15' and/or 'session 16'

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a008015bfa9.shtml

Simon

Why telnet session doesnt timeout in 15 min.

any other commands rquired to timeout telnet session in 15min

There is a bug with one of the os on the cat6000 that does not release the telnet sessions after they should be timing out. Once you are in, there is a command to issue that shows the users currently telnetted and you should be able to clear them. I forgot the commands though, sorry. This was on a CATOS 6500 switch though, not sure if the bug exists on CIOS switches. If your run CATOS, then that might be something you should look into to.

GL

Have you tried 'clear line'?

Login to the switch module and then to get to the console of the MSFCs do 'session 15' and/or 'session 16'

This step switches to MSFC console from SUP console only rather than clearing telnet sessions. Plz correct me if i'm wrong.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card