Max-dn, BLF, and order of speed dial buttons

Unanswered Question
Oct 16th, 2009

On a 16 user UC520, there is a maximum of 88 dn's.

The presence service allows a maximum subscription of 100 up to max-dn.

This generates a log entry (bad range 100-88) - so a bit of a bug here.

In order to keep the subscribed BLF numbers down, users use BLF-speed-dials for local numbers and speed-dials for external ones.

Is there a way to influence the order they are displayed on the phone? By default speed-dials come 1st followed by BLF's. We'd like it the other way around, or better yet - mix and match the order.

Mike

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Saurabh Verma Fri, 10/16/2009 - 05:52

AFAIK, there isn't any customization available for setting the order of speed-dials v/s BLF-speed-dials. I will check with the CUCME group whether there is an option or if they have something on the roadmap for this.

-Saurabh

MIKE JENKINS Fri, 10/16/2009 - 07:35

Thanks.

What would be just as good is the ability to increase the max-subscription under presence to something more than 100. Then I could define all the speed-dials as BLF even though the external ones wont have any presence information.

Saurabh Verma Fri, 10/16/2009 - 09:35

Max-subscriptions is a function of max-dn supported on a platform. On UC 520, the max-dns are set on a per SKU basis and so if you are using a 16-user system, it supports a maximum of 88 dns (due to this the max-subscriptions has an upper limit of up to a 100). On UC 540s, the max-dns are max'ed out at 300, so you will have a higher upper limit of max-subscription. I don't think there are any plans on changing this for UC 520 today.

Thanks,
Saurabh