cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMP 4400

DJL_PSB1231
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to know if the 4400 can control a television? Having the ability to change iputs, turn on/off from the user interface. So there is no need to go to the TV and make that adjustment. I see that there is an IR output that goes from the 4400 to the TV.

4 Replies 4

panayiotiscy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

In order to control your TV from the DMP you need an RS-232 port on your TV in order to receive the commands from the DMP.

In addition, you need to control this from the DMM.

The TV's that are in place have no RS232 input. Is there a converter that can be used? Also, the 4400 can't use one of the other outputs ie:HDMI, USB, IR to control the TV?

No there is no converter you can use. In order to take advantage of this feature you must be using commercial or professional grade LCDs with RS232 Ports for the transfer of those hexidecial codes that control Display functions. The control of the LCDs is actually an application function of the DMM but the commands are transfered to the display through the DMP. NEC and Cisco LCDs are native but other makes and models can be prorammed if you know the hex codes for the display.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

C.O. Little

On similar terms, is there any other way to push/load content on to a DMP without using the network?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: