Views
Helpful
Replies

Applying outgoing translation profile on voice port

smvoicerite
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone please help me understand how applying a OUTGOING voice translation profile on a voice port would be used ?

From what I have read so far, regarding the order of translation rules etc, I cannot seem to find any example of this.

I know that it can be attached outgoing to a voice port.

What I am not sure is :-

A. Would it work for both CAS and FXO/FXS ports ?

B. Would this be the VERY LAST translation to take place.

C. The called number obviously would make no sense here, as the call is already placed.

However, If I alter the calling number, would that work ? Would the ANI change when presented to the far side ? (Assuming the voice port is for CAS / FXO / FXS )

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes.

not only that, but on ports with in-band signaling, it also modifies digits that matches the rules, after the call is established. This is a little know property.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

a, b - yes

c - you can modify both called and calling number, where available. Eg, in isdn or voip, both are available.

Thanks,

Just to clarify, are you saying that

I can send a call out an FXO port, and then on the voice port change the DNIS ?

For a call to the PSTN, would this then

send out DTMF tones after applying the voice translation profile on the FXO PORT ?

Thanks

Yes.

not only that, but on ports with in-band signaling, it also modifies digits that matches the rules, after the call is established. This is a little know property.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck.

stowellp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Voice translations work on all voice ports.

As the call has already matched a dial-peer, then yes this would be the last translation to take place.

As you rightly say there is no point in altering the called number at the voice port, but it is possible. It is very common to alter the ANI, some clients want the main number to be displayed rather than the individual extension. If anyone returned a missed call it will always go to reception.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: