cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VSL-Portgroup, which int belongs to it?

Svante Bolander
Level 1
Level 1

When trying to configure "mls qos trust dscp" on the Gig-interfaces on a Sup720-10G in virtual mode I get the following error message:

" HWIF-QOS: QoS configs are not allowed on VSL Portgroup."

As far as I know only the 10G-int can be part of the VSL. Can somebody explain this and tell if it is impossible to trust DSCP on these Gig-ports when using the 10G ints for VSL.

7 Replies 7

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Removing or modifying trust command is not permitted in VSL group.

Here is more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps9336/white_paper_c11_429338.pdf

HTH

Reza

But as I understand it it is only the TenG-interfaces that are part of the VSL-group. Why should the gigE be affected by the shortcomings of the VSL-interfaces.

Can you post your VSL config here?

What if you use 10Gig ports from a line card for your VSL link instead of the Sup ports?

mhaaksma
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever find out what it going on with this? I just ran into the same issue and I'm unable to find anymore information.

Thanks!

Mark

No.

But as I understand, this is a shortcoming that tells you not to use any of the three Gig interfaces at all when running VSL on the 10G's. I have also found that using one of the Sup-10G int, together with one int on a 6708 LC, to form a etherchannel bundle to an access switch is impossible due to missmatch in QoS-capabilties.

Yeah, one of my coworkers suggested I look to see what ASIC(s) the gig ports were attached to... So it appears that ports 1-5 (gig and ten) are all on a single ASIC. So that explains it! Once you turn on VSL there really isn't anything you can do with the gig ports for QoS.

Hi.

To the best of my knowledge you cannot set separate QoS config for the 1gig ports of the Sup720-10G when you use the 10Gig ports for VSL. However, I do not as such have a link to underline my info - it's something I believe I heard from a colleague.

HTH, Ingolf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: