cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

after CM upgrade, Mesage Waiting Light will not be lit

maryclegg
Level 1
Level 1

Whenever we do a CM upgrade, we will always have one phone that receives VM but no MWL. It is usually several days later when the user realizes it. It is always a different extension. What causes this and what can we do to prevent this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mary,

Long time my friend! Hope all is well.

This is very common when doing any significant changes on CUCM (like an upgrade). The way we usually mitigate these type of issues is to run a MWI Re-sync after the changes are done (usually the last step).

In Unity Connection go to Telephony Integrations - Phone System - Click the Run Button for Synchronize All MWIs on This Phone System.

This is available in Unity versions as well :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mary,

Long time my friend! Hope all is well.

This is very common when doing any significant changes on CUCM (like an upgrade). The way we usually mitigate these type of issues is to run a MWI Re-sync after the changes are done (usually the last step).

In Unity Connection go to Telephony Integrations - Phone System - Click the Run Button for Synchronize All MWIs on This Phone System.

This is available in Unity versions as well :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks, Rob. I knew you would know the answer. Hope all is well with you also.

Rob, can I do that resync now during regular business hours while all the users are here or will it cause interruptions?

Hi Mary,

Life is really great here :) I would run the MWI re-sync afterhours.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: