cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Desktop Administrator Locked by another user

bsugamele1
Level 4
Level 4

Lately I have been having a problem making changes to workflow on my primary UCCX 7.0(1)SR3 server. I open desktop administrator and click on "Side A", then login to the desktop administrator site, but each time I get a popup saying that CDA is locked by another user. Am I doing something wrong?

15 Replies 15

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

On the CAD server (which in the UCCX case is the CRS box; in UCCE it is the PG), navigate to Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin and run ShowLicenseUsage.exe.

The IP address of the machine where CAD Admin is running will be displayed. Find that box and exit the program. Beat up the person who forgot to exit it! ;-)

Regards,

Geoff

Ryan LaFountain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There is a bug opened for this but we are still trying to get a clean set of logs to provide to the development team for root cause.

If the problem is still happening, can you please open a TAC case and complete the following:

1. Se the WebAdmin debug level to DEBUG and set the files to 10

2. Set the LRMServer debug level to TRACE and set the files to 10

Try to login to the WebAdmin and get the message that another user is logged in. Wait 15 minutes. Try to navigate to another page like the Enterprise Data Fields page and see if the 'Save' button is activated or if you still get that message.

Collect the following:

1. WebAdmin*.dbg from C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\log

2. LRMServer*.dbg from the same location

3. WebAdmin*.dbg from C:\Program Files\wfavvid\tomcat_appadmin\logs

Turn the Threshold=OFF for the LRMServer after the test.

rlafount,

Is that what the original poster is asking? It appeared to me that he was trying to log into the Windows fat client Cisco Desktop Administrator.

Regards,

Geoff

The original poster said that he opened CDA and selected Side A. Selecting Side A will open Web CDA.

Yes, I have been trying to open CDA by clicking on Side A. I am the only admin and for some reason when I log out of the CDA, it keeps the session open as when I try to log into it again later in the day it is giving me the message that another user has the system locked. I will open a TAC case and turn on the debugs. Thanks.

Please have the TAC engineer reference CSCsz40903 and collect the debugs accordingly.

Thanks!

Hi,

Did the SR4 solve this issue ?

thanks for your reply

Regards,

Farid

Hi,

I opened an SR, the TAC advise me to reboot the node manager or the servers.

Issue not solved by the SR4

regards

Farid

Hi Farid,

This should be solved soon as we have dedicated a lot of resources to finding the root cause of this issue as it has popped up in many cases.

You can put the bug I mentioned in a previous post into Bug Toolkit on cisco.com and be alerted when it is fixed so that you can upgrade to that version and avoid this issue.

tcapo
Level 1
Level 1

I've had this problem and it is a known bug. You have to logout of web CDA to prevent this from happening. If you do accidently just close the browser window without logging out first, the only way to fix it is to restart the CRS Engine.

Thanks for the replies. I'll make sure to log out each time. It's a good habit to get into.

The current workaround for this bug per Cisco TAC is to restart the Node Manager, however, simply restarting the 'Cisco Desktop Licensing and Resource Manager Service' will also accomplish this without any interruption of service.

Tom

vanessawhite
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am having the same issue on a live system and am wanting to complete the wokaround mentioned above.

I have UCX 7.0 (1) and am wanting to DEFINATIVELY know if I restart the isco Desktop Licensing and Resource Manager Service' it will not have impact on service including Agents?

I have heard that this service effects Agents and CAD?

Can someone from CISCO please advise if I can safely stop and start this service in a live environment?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Vanessa 

I have replied to your own post: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2099899

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: