Views
Helpful
Replies

after power cut , can not make calls out or in

aktarmumin
Level 1
Level 1

team

today we had a power outage and took all system down , now the power is up , we can not receive or make any calls out , but internal extension to extension works fine..i have rebooted the ISP ISDN PRI line modem, CUCM, Unity express manager , the switch etc ..no joy

please advise me how can i make the phone system to work again , this happens all the time after a power failure an when the UPS dies completely.

thank you

7 Replies 7

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

do u see the call in the GW ?

do debug isdn q931

show isdn status to see if PRI Line is up/

i am new comer in cisco ip tel

how do you see call in the gateway ( GW, is that what you mean )?

how do i do debug isdn q931?

show isdn status to see if PRI Line is up/? i checked that , line is up and the modem is all fine , other wise if the line is down then red lights will show on the pri modem!

this happens every time after a power cut..thank you for your help

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From another thread, I assume you are the end user.

Can you ask a reputable cisco partner or consultant to come over and reproduce the situation ?

i am the end user , but is this some thing local IT can do ? and does it require cisco engineers out every time when there is power outage?

No, it requires a cisco engineer once to find out the root cause and fix it.

ok then , logged a call with a gold partner and see..but normally when there is power outage once power is back on then all should be fine ..correct ?

i can accept may be once a while to reboot switch, cm pri modem etc ..but this happens all the time after a power failure.

thx

It MUST be fine, actually should be tested as part of customer acceptance sheet for new systems.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.