Views
Helpful
Replies

after power cut , can not make calls out or in

aktarmumin
Level 1
Level 1

team

today we had a power outage and took all system down , now the power is up , we can not receive or make any calls out , but internal extension to extension works fine..i have rebooted the ISP ISDN PRI line modem, CUCM, Unity express manager , the switch etc ..no joy

please advise me how can i make the phone system to work again , this happens all the time after a power failure an when the UPS dies completely.

thank you

7 Replies 7

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

do u see the call in the GW ?

do debug isdn q931

show isdn status to see if PRI Line is up/

i am new comer in cisco ip tel

how do you see call in the gateway ( GW, is that what you mean )?

how do i do debug isdn q931?

show isdn status to see if PRI Line is up/? i checked that , line is up and the modem is all fine , other wise if the line is down then red lights will show on the pri modem!

this happens every time after a power cut..thank you for your help

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From another thread, I assume you are the end user.

Can you ask a reputable cisco partner or consultant to come over and reproduce the situation ?

i am the end user , but is this some thing local IT can do ? and does it require cisco engineers out every time when there is power outage?

No, it requires a cisco engineer once to find out the root cause and fix it.

ok then , logged a call with a gold partner and see..but normally when there is power outage once power is back on then all should be fine ..correct ?

i can accept may be once a while to reboot switch, cm pri modem etc ..but this happens all the time after a power failure.

thx

It MUST be fine, actually should be tested as part of customer acceptance sheet for new systems.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: