cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restricting Calling Line ID

afmmanicke
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to set it up so all calls coming from certain lines will have restricted outgoing caller ID information.

I've set up separate route patterns as follow:

9.[2-9]XXXXXX in the regular partition

with the Calling Line ID Presentation and Calling Name Presentation both set to Allowed.

9.[2-9]XXXXXX in the blocked partition with the Calling Line ID Presentation and Calling Name Presentation both set to Restricted.

I also have configured separate route lists and route groups to segregate these route patterns.

I have a test phone that is set up in the same restricted partition, but the regular caller id info is still going out.

What am I missing here?

I understand that I can create a more distinguished Route Pattern like *9.XXXXXXX (which is in production now,) or use another number to get an outside line, but I'm trying to keep it as simple for the user as possible.

I'm trying to do this in CUCM 7.0.

Thanks!

TONY

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ar you using H.323 or MGCP ?

Sorry - that could be useful too huh?

I'm using MGCP.

I'm very bad at MGCP but I would try to setup a special access code anyway just to test that telco honors that you're restricting CLID.

It works just fine if I use a distinct route pattern. In production I'm currently using *9.XXXXXXX. I just changed my test to 6.XXXXXXX and the call did in fact show up as restricted with I made an off net call.

Thanks,

TONY

Seems an issue with partitions and CSS then, since I'm bad at CM I will refrain from interjecting further.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: