Views
Helpful
Replies

Easy NAT question

itccv0822
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I wanted to double check my NAT configuration. I am trying to direct incoming remote desktop connections through an SR 520 router into a server on the inside of the network at 192.168.6.10. That should be a pretty simple NAT statement but I am not too familiar with NAT and wanted to check if I am doing this right. Here is the NAT statement as I have it:

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.6.10 3389 interface FastEthernet4 3389

Will that get my RDP traffic coming from the outside interface directed to my server, 192.168.6.10? FastEthernet4 is my outside interface.

Please let me know if you have any idea or if you need additional info. Also I have the following NAT statement:

ip nat inside source route-map nonat interface FastEthernet4 overload

Will that mess anything up?

Thanks a lot for any information.

5 Replies 5

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

Your "ip nat inside source static" command is syntactically OK. If the FastEthernet4 indeed has an IP address on it then it should do the trick.

Your second NAT command with the route-map should not interfere with the static port forwarding you have configured earlier but the best option would be to post your entire configuration here because there are quite a few things that can have an influence.

Best regards,

Peter

Hi, thanks for the information. i really appreciate it. I attached my whole configuration. Let me know if you see anything else that could cause me trouble. Again, I really appreciate any help.

Hello,

I think that your config should work just fine.

Have you tried it?

Bogdan

Hy,

I just have tested your config and it's working.

Enjoy!

Bogdan

Hi that's great. Thanks so much for the help. I'm going to take it over to the CEO's office this week so that gives me some confidence. Thanks again for taking your time to help me out.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card