Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless AP

Hi ,

I have installed a Wireless AP (AIR-AP 1131 AG - A - K9),it is connected to a POE switch,The ISP router is also connected to the same POE switch.

Everything is working fine.....suddenly it hangs up...no user able to access the Internet....that particular moment if I remove the UTP cabe at AP side ( like resetting the AP)...then it works fine.....sometimes I will have to reset the ISP Router which is connected to the same POE...then also it works.....the problem is very frequent.....

What could be the problem......

Can any one help me to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Stephen

2 Replies 2

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

Check first to make sure that the LAN isn't also experiencing the same issues. It might be a router or switch problem instead of a wireless one. Do you have a spare AP? If so, apply the same configuration to it and replace it.

Unless the wireless clients are actually dropping from the AP (check the log to confirm), this doesn't sound like a wireless problem. Try the above and see if you can isolate whether it truly is a problem with the AP or not.

Jeff

Dear Jeff,

O.k...I will get it checked.....Thanks for the support.

Regards,

Stephen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card