Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ADSL Dropping

All,

I've got a very strange problem with an 877 that I've installed for a client.

The connection runs fine for long periods (2 to 3 weeks or so) and then it drops and doesn't reconnect. I've spoken to BT and they tell me that the DSL is live, but the router isn't logged in.

I'm at a bit of a loss and my client is getting increasingly frustrated.

Any suggestions/input would be very gratefully accepted...

Thanks

Campbell

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Send "show dsl interface".

Hi I have a similar problem with a 2620, in that the ADSL connection will randomly drop and the device or dialler will not auto reconnect. Yet if I reload the system it will reconnect.

(sorry to hijack your post)

Here's the 'show dsl interface' output file.

Also, is there any way to look at historical logs on the router to see if there were problems etc? Does/can this be turned on? At the moment, I'm a bit blind as to what has happened...

Thanks

Campbell

Upgrade dsl fw to 3.0.33 from:

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/access/800

You configure syslog to buffer or host to log what routers do.

Okay, the firmware is copied up and ready for a reboot. I'll let you know how I go.

With regards to the logging, is there any way to get detail on things like the DSL being logged in etc?

Campbell

Try sh diag 0, or debug atm events.

Please remember to rate useful posts with teh scrollbox below.

anthic.lobo
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar problem.

The reason could be that the arp entry is getting deleted in the router.

what is the ios version that ur router is running... cause some of the new ios releases has this problem.Try downgrading the ios

I think you wanted to reply to a different problem, ARP has nothing to do with ADSL dropping.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: