cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.1(3) - Bulk Edit tool, change users, custom quota

dmotloch
Level 1
Level 1

I can't find where in the Bulk Edit tool to modify user's message quota. 95% of our users are fine with the system wide quota, however I need to modify 5% with bulk edit.

Can someone please point me to the tab this is on?

thanks!

4 Replies 4

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Checking on my system, I see from the online Help that "To handle the varying needs of users in your organization, you can override the systemwide quotas for individual mailboxes and for user templates." Of course, the templates only help as you are creating users. I checked both the Bulk Edit and BAT for updating users and did not find a field available to change multiple existing users' mailbox quotas.

Ginger

thanks Ginger,

I found the same thing -- I don't want to delete the users and re-create them with BAT -- I'm wondering if I can change them with BAT without deleting?

thanks for the confirmation.

Derek.

there's no bulk change for this on a user by user basis that I know of in 7.x. You either have to do it at a store/system level or per user.

Connection 8.0 (in EFT now) has a completely revamped bulk edit approach that allows just about every bit of user/handler data to be edited on a bulk selection basis including the message quota details.

sounds like 8.0 is gonna help us a lot...

Derek.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: