cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN Client - Problems on Vista - Hangs, pcf gets corupted

ogormam2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am have problem running Cisco VPN client on a couple of new laptops (Dell Latitude E6400) running Vista. When loggin on the VPN the system hangs - must press power button to reboot (Ctrl alt del wont even work) after reboot the host details from the .pcf file are missing, you muust delete and import the pcf file again. the problem has gottem prgressively worse - every time you try to login the problem occurs.

Has anyone seen this issue? Im running 5.0.06.0100 and the other machine is running 5.0.03.0560.

thanks for any help with this

M

1 Reply 1

gdspa
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem.

On more pcs with windows xp and vpn client 5.0.06.0110 pcf file looses all parameters, that is host, group name and password.

This problem does not always happen, on my pc I never had it, but more users report it.

Pcs don't hang.

Cisco writes in the bug toolkit that this problem was fixed (CSCso94244), but people continues to have this problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: