cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Publisher Crashed. Need to recover the data

asif.rehman
Level 1
Level 1

I have a situation here at one of our client. Publiser crashed due to hard disk failure and there is no backup and the worst thing no body remembers the CCM Admin Password. I can login with OS or Platform admin. Now we have to re build the Publiser. I have tried to reset the CCM Admin password as per the documentation but it did not worked may be because publisher is down and it cant change the password.

Now my question is can we recover the phone records like MAC Addresses, Display Names, Directory Number associated with the phones etc via CLI ? Is there any query that can display and export it to some file ? Since i cant access CCM Admin and there is no backup so it is very hard for us to note down every phone manually. Any inputs are appreciated.

Regards,

Asif

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should have configured regular CUCM backups with DRS to avoid this, make sure to do this once you recover the cluster

Not the easiest way to get the info but you can use any SSH program that can log the info and use run sql in CLI to start gathering data.

Searh for the DB dictionary from your CUCM version to see what you can get.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: