cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

block-unknown-source not allowed on Dot11Radio0 interface

Daniel M
Level 1
Level 1

In order to allow wired clients to access the wireless network, I have a device that acts as a wired to wireless bridge. This device had a wireless card and Ethernet connection. The wireless card connects to the Cisco AP just like any other device and the wired clients plug into the Ethernet connection of this device. The problem that I have, I believe, is that the Cisco AP is blocking the wired MACs that are coming from the device. I can see ARP requests being sent from the device, but I never see them coming in on the other side of the Cisco AP. I believe the issue lies with the following:

#no bridge-group 224 block-unknown-source

no bridge-group 224 block-unknown-source <cr> not allowed on Dot11Radio0 interface

I believe the Cisco AP is blocking these MACs, but I cannot seem to remove this command from my config. Any ideas appreciated.

Config and related are attached…

1 Reply 1

Daniel M
Level 1
Level 1

Upon further review, this issue appears to be related to my wired to wireless bridge, not the Cisco AP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: