Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 Reclaim Unused Up/Down Access Ports

aeggers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

get anyone some output for the "reclaim unused up/down access port report" ?? I alway get the message "No records found for this report". We have some switches with such port where we expected a report for unused ports

Thanks

André

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order for this report to return results, you must have ports in your network which are currently unused, but had a user connected to them at one point. For example, say you're running the Reclaim Unused Up report for 30 days. In order to get results, you need to have ports with are administratively up, but unconnected. At least 31 days ago, a user must have been connected to this port, and User Tracking must have seen that user.

One of the big problems with this report is that the default UT aging timer is 30 days. So unless you've raised this, you will not be able to see results for long time periods. The best you could do would be 29 days.

hi,

i have a user connected to a cisco 3750. user tracking has discovered this user last friday morning. in the evening i have disconnected this client. Today i have checked the reclaim unused port report and get no output.

André

Does UT still show this host with the correct last seen time? What parameters did you specify to the Reclaim Unused report? Which Reclaim Unused port did you use? What version of Campus Manager?

cm is 5.1.3, user was discovered last time on friday, as report i used "Reclaim Unused Down Access Ports Report". i tried unused for 2/3 days or since friday/sunday --> no records found

Unused Down requires that the port be administratively down. If this is not the case, try the Unused Up report. If the user was last seen on Friday, and is showing up in UT with a last seen date of Friday, then run the Unused Up report for two days ago.

sorry i meant the unused up report but i'll check this again

thank you for your fast response

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: