Views
Helpful
Replies

EoMPLS unicast packets are not being passed onto the VC

cyptic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

We are setting up xconnects from a physical interface and the EoMPLS TE tunnels are connected over vlan interfaces with trunks in both ends.

Do i also have to configure the VLAN mode in someway to get this running?

A lot of our tunnels works perfecly but now when we are setting up new tunnels the incoming unicast traffic does not enter from the physical interface to the VC in both ends.

When doing packet capture from the incoming interface i can see unicast packets coming in but the the VC packet counters doesn't increase.

Multicast traffic are running perfect between the CE's and the cdp neigbour is shown in both ends.

Is there any known issue when connecting EoMPLS with xconnect from a physical interface over a trunk with SVI's?

3 Replies 3

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

On 7600, PFC does not support xconnect on SVI interface, you need a SIP card for your core link to support it.

HTH

Laurent.

Hi!

We are not setting up the xconnect on the SVI:s but the OSPF routing runs between them.

We have now solved the problem. There was a bug in the software.

agata.czekalska
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

On what platform are you running TE tunnels? Bacause I have configured EoMPLS on physical interfaces and I'm not sure if I can configure TE tunnels with primary and backup paths to provide LSP Path Protection.

I use Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switches with IOS version 12.2(18)SXD6.

Good luck in further implementation and hope to You see You soon.

Best regards,

Agata Czekalska

Technical University of Lodz