Views
Helpful
Replies

STM1 backbone module for 7206VXR

r.candeloza
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I will have an STM1 connection from point A to B. We are using 7206vxr, i have a pos module at point A. my problem is my STM1 was terminated at point C (located between point A and B) with copper. I need to convert this copper to fiber.... i can use multiplexer, right? but my STM1 will become channelized. Can i use a channelized stm1 port at point B? is it ok to use POS port on one end of STM1 link and channelized STM1 port on the other end?

If not, what device can i use to convert the 63 E1 to STM1 unchannelized?

Please shed some light..... Thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5

Tom Randstrom
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you provide more detail into this network configuration? What type of equipment is transporting the STM-1 from Site A to C and C to B? What equipment is located in Site C? Do you have control of the transport equipment or are you just purchasing an STM1 from another service provider?

Thanx!

Hi Baileyshbr, my problem is that I don't know the other equipment I just get a fibre cable in "my hand" and need to move it further over some 10Gb. I don't have any control over the other side I'm just supposed to transport it and I have 10Gb links to move the traffic on..... I'm really sorry for the lack of informations but thats all I have. The core issue to me is having only the TX to move. Any help is appreciated...

Hi Baileyshbr, my problem is that I don't know the other equipment I just get a fibre cable in "my hand" and need to move it further over some 10Gb. I don't have any control over the other side I'm just supposed to transport it and I have 10Gb links to move the traffic on..... I'm really sorry for the lack of informations but thats all I have. The core issue to me is having only the TX to move. Any help is appreciated... Thanks

Tom Randstrom
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In order to transport your data from Site A to Site C, the 7206 STM1 interface would need to be channelized (to 63 TU-12/VC-12s) and support some type of channel bonding protocol. Then, the 63 electrical E1s at Site C could be multiplexed onto an optical STM-1 (channelized) and transported to Site B; where you would need another 7206 STM1 interface like that outlined earlier at Site A.

However, the 7206 STM-1 cards (as far as I can determine from the literature) encapsulate the data stream into a concatenated STM1 (non-channelized) which contains only one pointer to the data. So, at Site C, the data could not be demultiplexed to 63 E1s.

It may make more sense to ask the carrier to provide you a concatenated STM1 from Site A - C and C to B.

Confusing enough?

Hi I undestand your answer thanks, the problem is that I have not formulated my question good enough for you to understand it. I have several STM1's but only the TX side I need to move from A to B then I have the RX from the same STM's I need to move from C to B the link between A-B and C-B is 10G

so I need to aggregate Single sided STM and send it over a 10Gb link, is that possible ? Thanks for you help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: