cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO/911 configuration?

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

We just installed a pots line at one of our remote site locations. We are trying to use a four port FXO card to configure the one pots line for 911 calls for this remote office. Our gateway protocol is MGCP. I am not sure how to configure the FXO port access from the gateway (cisco 2811). Can someone who has done this before please advise. Thank you.

Rgds,

Vicky

4 Replies 4

skravens0929
Level 1
Level 1

I will take a stab at this one...... :)

If you already have the MGCP gateway registered and working the key for the FXO ports is:

dial-peer voice XXX pots

service mgcpapp

port XXX (fxo port)

That should do it and it should become available for you to configure. Then you can place the port in a route group and then route list and ultimately the route pattern for 911. I set this up in our SF office and it works.

skravens0929
Level 1
Level 1

i can grab some official Docs from the GWGK book....1 sec

Thank you so much for your help here. We got the MGCP gateway to tie out to the gateway but we got a "rejected" on the fxo registration. It looks like we need to add one dsp to the gateway to make this work. ARRRRGGGHHH!!!

Anyway, thank you for your response here. Much obliged.

Rgds,

Vicky

well congrats on figuring it out....I know how frustrating this stuff can get.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: