cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Recognition with Unity Connection

UCcomp2007
Level 2
Level 2

We are looking at Voice Recognition options (strictly for auto-attendant type interaction).

I have deployed Unity Connection in small environments (300 users or less) and voice-recognition worked fine for auto-attendant.

A few of my fellow engineers have heard that the voice-recognition capabilities tend not to work so well in larger environments (1000-1500 users) with lots of outside callers connecting at the same time (even when sufficient ports are available). It could be up to 50 outside users connecting at the same time to Unity connection/auto-attendant, plus another 50 internall accessing email.

Has anyone setup voice-enabled auto-attendant and had anything less that satisfactory performance specifically from a voice-recognition standpoint? i.e. degraded voice-recognition - delay, clipped audio etc..

The other option is to go with Unity and Speech connect server, or Unity and Nuance provided server.

Your opinions and comments are appreciated.

Regards,

1 Reply 1

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think it depends on what version you are using. I had horrible issues with 7.0x release. I have not tried anything "heavy" with 7.1.3 yet, but have a large deployment coming up. (not as large as yours)

I would definitely try 7.13. I know Cisco mad some enhancements for 7.13, possibly the IVR has been updated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: