cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Email Problem on NAM

tech_trac
Level 1
Level 1

Setting up an SMTP gateway to send the password out to our internet Mail Server worked well with CiscoWorks notifications.

I've got stuck with NAM (Network Analysis Module) email notifications. It does not have the option of configuring SMTP password nor does it allow to change the sender/administrator email id (as in CiscoWorks).

The SMTP gateway allows only one user account to be used for authentication (if sender and receiver domain are the same which is my case). So for e.g. I have configured CiscoWorks@abc.com with its account password in the SMTP gateway for necessary authentication. But I cannot add the second account in the gateway i.e. for NAM@abc.com with its password required by our internet Mail Server.

Please advise whether NAM administrator email id can be changed or not.

Regards

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The NAM's FROM address is hardcoded to be nam@nam-hostname. This cannot be changed. Can you not map all emails through the intermediate gateway to use the same SMTP user account on the external gateway?

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

You can not change the sender, it is hardcoded with the hostname.

Maybe you can have your mail server to have certain rules to change the sender or re send the email with a different sender.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: