Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM Limited Admin Workstation Install

mattiep00
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Trying to install the limited admin workstation on a desktop without success. I have tried with both the IP Address & DNS name but both come back with the error when running configuration Manager "(-9934) Unable to initialize real-time feed for instance <ID>. Unable to proceed until real-time feed has been established. The feed may be inactive or you may not have permission to connect to the feed."

I have chosen to install the client, with no real-time feed, so not sure what to try. I have looked at a Cisco doco about this error but IP address or name have never changed. Can I enable logging on the client to see the error - or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

4 Replies 4

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

1. The Client Admin Workstation should be in the ICM Domain. Then you can use the host name as it will be resolved by DNS. Is this box in the ICM Domain?

2. One AW at each "site" maintains a connection directly with the ICM Central Controller (the real-time feed). The real-time feed is used to send real-time monitoring data to a Distributor AW. The Distributor AW is a distributor to all other AWs at the site. There must be at least one Distributor AW at a site before a Client AW can be installed.

Do you have a Distributor AW installed and running correctly - with the real-time feed? In other words, can you run the Config Tool on this AW?

Logging on the Client AW will be on - it will be in the .ems file. You can increase the level through the registry.

You can watch the rtdist process window on the Distributor AW - when it's working correctly you will see the Client AW connect.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi, thanks for the response.

1. Yes, they are both on the same domain.

2. The AW is currently installed on our HDSA box, which does work locally

I can't see any updates in the rtdist process window.

I checked the port it's running on - appears to be 48048 on the server, which I changed from 48008 which was on the client. It now opens the configuration manager/script editor windows on the LAW, but gives an error "cannot connect to central controller". Any ideas?

Thanks,

This log on the client hopefully helps:

from Script where t.ScriptID = 5727 h l € !PyÍÊDQÊD A edt D-00662 GetWhere from ScriptData where t.ScriptID = 5727 l h € !PêÏÊDQÊ@ A edt D-00662 GetWhere from Script where t.ScriptID = 5702 h l € !@¥ÔÊDQÊD A edt D-00662 GetWhere from ScriptData where t.ScriptID = 5702 l h € !@×ÊDQÊ@ A edt D-00662 GetWhere from Script where t.ScriptID = 5446 h l € !@×ÊDQÊD A edt D-00662 GetWhere from ScriptData where t.ScriptID = 5446 l p €5 á@-µÚDQÊH A edt D-00662 \\10.100.57.101\pipe\ICM\ce\RouterA\DbAgent WaitNamedPipe p \ € !@¸ÚDQÊ4 A edt D-00662 Published DbAgent not reachable. \ h € !ÐZ©ÝDQÊ@ A edt D-00662 GetWhere from Script where t.ScriptID = 5680 h l € !ÐZ©ÝDQÊD A edt D-00662 GetWhere from ScriptData where t.ScriptID = 5680 l p €5 á€CåêDQÊH A edt D-00662 \\10.100.57.101\pipe\ICM\ce\RouterA\DbAgent WaitNamedPipe p \ € !€CåêDQÊ4 A edt D-00662 Published DbAgent not reachable. \ p €5 á`1cþDQÊH A edt D-00662 \\10.100.57.101\pipe\ICM\ce\RouterA\DbAgent WaitNamedPipe p \ € !`1cþDQÊ4 A edt D-00662 Published DbAgent not reachable. \

its been a while wonder if you remember how you got past the error "Cannot connect to central controller". I'm having same error popup but then configuration manager eventually opens up.