Helpful
Replies

CUCM AWAYA caller ID/Caller Name issue

febinattingal
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

Problem:

When we have a call from Avaya PBX to CCM extension, on our phone, we can see only the name of other end extension but it is not showing corresponding number. As per Avaya support team, they have allowed to display Name and Number from their end. If we make a call to Avaya's Extension:, They are able to see only the number but not the name.

Requirement:

When there is a call between CCM and Avaya, we should be able to get both the caller ID Number and the Name.

Remote end Avaya Model: Avaya S8300 with Gateway G450 Ver. CM5.2

1. Signaling H323

2. VOIP CODECs : G.729A PT : 20ms

3. UDP port range used: From 16384 to 32767

4. Send any prefix before the extension number: NO

CallManager version 6.1

Scenario:

CUCM 6.1 and awaya Pbx connected via VPN

tunnel. We directly registered Awaya PBX as a h323 gateway (just like H323 router gateway).Calls are working fine from both end.

Please do reply for resolving this issue ASAP.

Thanks and regards

Febin.S

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It could be an issue with the software version Avaya is using on their switch. I know it will not work if you are using some "software package" I think they call it that is not (I think it's a networking package) a high enough release.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please clarify more regarding this.As per Avaya support team, they have allowed to display Name and Number from their end. Avaya Team checked their logs and confirmed that, when there is a call from Avaya PBX extension to CCM's extension, Avaya system is successfully sending corresponding name and extension number information to CCM.

Thanks in advance

Febin.S

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: