Views
Helpful
Replies

call waiting

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi ,

I need to enable call waiting globally in Call Manager 6.1.2 .I have already configured Max. no. of calls as 4 with busy trigger 2 but it is not working.

I think I need to globally enable it. I have tried searching in Service Parameters - Call Waiting Enable Flag but could not find it...

Pls. guide..

regds,

aman

4 Replies 4

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

It should be enabled by default as far as I am aware.

When you place a second call to a phone the user should see it presented on the display and then needs to answer it by using the toggle button. If the user fails to do this before the CFNA timer expires the call will be forwarded to the CNFA destination (usually voiemail).

Is this what is happening or does the second caller get forwarded as soon as the call is placed? (i.e. they do not hear ringback at all).

Hi ,

I took the problem other way round.

The problem which I am facing is that when one person is already on talk and if the second person calls up, he hears the perfect ringback tone.Ideally,he should get the call waiting tone.

The second caller thinks that called person is not picking the phone.

regds,

aman

I am not aware of a feature that allows the second person to hear a call waiting tone rather than ringback.

I do not think that this is possible but if anyone knows different please tell us.

I have developed a TCL/IVR script that does this, giving callers a "call waiting messages sent" prompt. It is also possible to distinguish between internal and external callers.

The script works for either CME or CM in H.323 or SIP to the GW. It doe not work with MGCP.

Those interested in acquiring the script can contact me at the address present in my profile.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: