Speed dials cause an unknown number message

Unanswered Question
Oct 20th, 2009

Hi,

I have recently installed a UC520 on a ISDN30 line and everything seems to be working perfectly, i.e. incoming calls are getting to the correct DiD extension etc.

Outgoing calls work perfectly OK if you manually dial the number, but when you try to use the speed dials either personal or system the phones just report an unknown number message with a tone.

As I have mentioned if you dial the number directly the call works perfectly, what have I gotten wrong?

Also how do you change the order of the softkeys on the CP-524SG phones, my customer wants the group pickup button to be on the first screen.

Many thanks for any help Given

Chris

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Maulik Shah Tue, 10/20/2009 - 21:37

On the speed dial - are users entering the right access code and prefix to dial out? If this checks out ok - can you gather the below logs (via CCA 2.1):

Troubleshoot > Voice Diagnostics and select Voice Troubleshooting Log.

To enable debug and collect both show command output and voice debug data:
Step 1 In the Voice Troubleshooting log window, make sure the UC 500 hostname is selected.
Step 2 Click Browse and choose a log file directory.
Step 3 Select Dial Plan, Voice Ports & IP Phones
Step 4 Click Apply Debug to enable debugging.

Make the "failed call" and gather the logs. Will need to know what number you dialed.

For the softkey order - you may need to use CLI with ephone-templates - check link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmesoftk.html#wp1010972

When using CLI please follow the guidelines below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_assistant/version2_0/out_of_band_reference/cca_20_oob_config_guidelines.pdf

Steven Smith Wed, 10/21/2009 - 11:39

Make sure the speed dials have the outbound digit as well.  By default that is a 9.

Actions

This Discussion