cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unresponsive alerts

lambay2000
Level 2
Level 2

In LMS 3.0.1 am receiving unresponsive alerts on my VRF interface,though it is up and running.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you unmanage the interface, then DFM will not report if it goes down. However, if you only unamanage the IP, then DFM will report when the interface goes down.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order for DFM to be able to manage an interface, it must be able to ping the IP address on that interface. If the IP is not ICMP-reachable, then you need to unmanage that IP in the DFM Detailed Device View. To do this, go to DFM > Device Management > Device Details, find the IP in the IP branch of the tree, and set its managed state to false.

Hi Joe,

These interfaces are live i dont want to make it false,i want the status if they goes down or up,they are asosciated to MPLS VRF so that's the reason LMS is not able to ping,To ping these interfaces from the switch itself then i have to use a commmand

ping vrf test 10.10.10.l I can't ping by normal ping command.

what the alternate solution.

Thanks

There is no alternate solution. If DFM cannot ping the IPs, then you must unmanage them. The interfaces will remained managed, though.

Hi Joe

when the interface truly goes down,it will reflect in DFM also after unmanaging the ports??????????????

If you unmanage the interface, then DFM will not report if it goes down. However, if you only unamanage the IP, then DFM will report when the interface goes down.

Thanks Joe,

The issue is solved,

Hi Joe

when the interface truly goes down,it will reflect in DFM also after unmanaging the ports??????????????

Joe

sorry the thread was sent again,

I will do it and i will close the case,

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: