Views
Helpful
Replies

FTP access group of users to group of sites

spirro_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

We have an S160 with Async 6.3. Our organisation blocks FTP access for the users, however there is a small group of users who need access to 3 or 4 FTP sites. This group of users is an Active Directory group.

How can I set this up so these users can access only these FTP sites and nothing else, but still have them use the same global policies for the HTTP URL categories, etc.

My attempts so far have failed in that they are either losing HTTP access altogther, or they are able to FTP to any site.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

abnk_t_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

i guess you should create a new policy and put it above teh general users policy
give access to the same as general + ftp and do some testing
out your own user there or a test user from the active directory

spirro_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

i guess you should create a new policy and put it above teh general users policy
give access to the same as general + ftp and do some testing
out your own user there or a test user from the active directory

What about restricting the users to just the selected FTP sites? I don't think what you're saying is sufficient. Don't I have to do something with the identity?

abnk_t_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

if you that group of users at Active directory than you can use the same group from web security to create a new access policy for the group .

spirro_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

if you that group of users at Active directory than you can use the same group from web security to create a new access policy for the group .

Yes, but how are you stopping that group of users from getting to any FTP site?

abnk_t_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

you mean like ftpaccess and ftpusers file on a fileserver?

you might look at the documentation for that :
https://supportportal.ironport.com/irppcnctr/srvcd?u=http://secure-support.soma.ironport.com/subproducts/s_series/docs/6.0.0/WSA_6.0.0_HTML_UserGuide.zip&sid=900019
maybe theres something useful

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: