Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM Partition In Call Manager

fbushiri1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Do all the DNs in ICM have to be in the same partition in CallManager? Because some calls parked from the ICM extensions cannot be retrieved on non-ICM extensions, which are in a different partition.

Thanks,

Matt

2 Replies 2

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

No.

Partition design often dictates a separation of contact center and non-agent phones.

The reason is we do not want a non-agent to be able to call an agent on their contact center extension - possible call collision with ICM routed calls. Often agents have two lines, the CC line in one partition and the private line in another partition. If there are geographies involved (say virtual contact centers through CVP) then CC lines could be in a branch-specific partition while private lines and non-agent phones are in a company-wide partition.

So, although I am not familiar with your problem, I am not surprised.

Let's see if I have this correct - an agent receives a call through the ICM Router, and they talk to the customer and the agent determines that a non-agent (back office person) knows how to help. They start a transfer to this person (customer goes on hold) but get a busy signal.

They get the customer back and ask them if they want to be parked on the target phone. Customer says yes, so the agent starts a transfer to the call park point (fuzzy here) and completes the transfer, getting out of the loop.

Non-agent realizes they have a call park (do they?), finishes current call, tries to retrieve from park but cannot.

Regards,

Geoff

An agent receives a call trough the ICM router and parks the call, which generates a "park extension number" then the agent pages a non-agent person to retrieve the parked call. The non-agent person dials the "park extension number" and receive a fast busy.

Thanks, I just find out that the non-agent extensions that are trying to retrieve the parked call are analog extensions off the VG and I need to match add ICM partition in their Call Search Space.

Thanks,

Matt