cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7x LDAP Directory Sync Changes

j.house
Level 4
Level 4

I currently have my CUCM 7x cluster sync'd with AD. I am currently syncing the telephoneNumber field for the Phone number. I need to change this to sync the ipPhone field instead. I have been told that to do this I need to create a new LDAP Directory integration and sync with that. Problem is that I am concerned that I will lose all of my user configuration (associated devices, profiles, etc.).

Has anyone done this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As long as you do this and the user ID attribute you use is the same, AND you do all this before the garbage disposal runs you should be fine.

Any account that is not synched is marked as inactive and the garbage disposal runs at 3:15 AM, it might take up to 48 hours for the accounts to be removed from CUCM server.

Once you force a resync if the users are found in AD they will be marked as active again.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As long as you do this and the user ID attribute you use is the same, AND you do all this before the garbage disposal runs you should be fine.

Any account that is not synched is marked as inactive and the garbage disposal runs at 3:15 AM, it might take up to 48 hours for the accounts to be removed from CUCM server.

Once you force a resync if the users are found in AD they will be marked as active again.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

So my plan would be to create the new ldap Directory in CUCM (it will be identical to the current one except pointing the phone number to use the ipPhone field). I would do the resync immediately. If i do it like this all user information will remain as it did prior to the change? Also, do I need to delete the current ldap directory before doing the resync with the new one?

Thanks!